Sunday, August 7, 2011

Back to School!

Back to school has always been one of my favorite times. New pencils, notebooks, and school supplies somehow bring a renewed sense of hope. Hope to make new friends, make better grades... the hope for a new start. Recently, I have been experiencing a new start and while it doesn't include freshly sharpened pencils, the sense of excitement (and dread) is all the same.



Today, I did one of my favorite things... school supply shopping! I always liked getting the supplies, but the actual school part quickly took the wind out of my sails. I'm so glad I have the opportunity to help out a child in need and give them the fresh start everyone deserves. I had so much fun doing it and while I'm very glad I'm not the one going back to school (I know my mom is thankful too), decorating notebooks never gets old. :) People always say, "Giving is better than receiving" and I was reminded of that today.




No comments:

Post a Comment